How do I find out more about being a Volunteer?
1. You may join us at anytime! Check out the About Us page on the website and fill out the forms on the Member Information page.
2. Call Lori Nelson, President of the CK Volunteers 651-246-7292 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Attend our orientation information meeting for new volunteers at Camp Knutson on May 31, 2018. Orientation is typically before our spring meeting.
What do Camp Knutson Volunteers do?
Night Under the Stars (NUTS)
Chair: Shari Schumacher email@example.com
Co-Chair position is open. Contact Lori Nelson if you're interested. firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Assist and support Camp K Staff with programs and special events. A few examples are serving at theme parties; help campers with beading, making cards, crafts, biking, fishing, reading, or even help clean the camp between camp sessions. Find out more about the activities on the Volunteer Activities page. Fill out the Time and Talent form so the Volunteer Coordinator Ginny Hersey knows your interests.
We are all volunteers, and respect the time that you need to spend with guests and families in the summer. However, if you select an activity to support, the Volunteer organization will depend on you to be there. This is your opportunity to serve and also enjoy meeting other volunteers as well as campers and counselors.
Click here to download the Time and Talent form
3. Assist in events and meetings at the Camp. Meetings include the Spring and Fall meetings. Events might include the Pancake Breakfast, the Fall Appreciation Picnic, the Spring Ice-Cream Social, or the Fall Golf Scramble, to name a few.
Is there a specific time requirement for my participation in this organization?
What are the membership dues?
Dues for the organization are $10 per year. These dues entitle you to vote, enjoy the Spring Newsletter, and stay connected through e-blasts. They are explained more completely in the Volunteer Membership form below. They are due at the first volunteer meeting on May 31, 2018. You can bring cash or check to the meeting, send the check to Camp Knutson; 11148 Manhattan Pt Blve; Crosslake, MN 56442, or pay online at the link on the Member Information page. http://campkfriends.com/3/custom_form.htm
Click here to download the Volunteer Membership Form
Do I need to fill out a Background Consent and Voluntury Disclosure Form if I'm working with children at the Camp?
Yes, according to state law all volunteers that work with children are required to fill out the forms. You may download the forms below and have them filled out and available for the Camp Directors at the Spring Meeting.